Character Launcher

Conversations about the Gaheris server.

Character Launcher

Postby teebs » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:09 am

Hi all, i recently poked my head back in to daoc world and saw that Rob decided to shut down Mojo. Definitely respect his decision and appreciate all the hard work he's done for this community over the years.

I spent this weekend making a super ghetto replacement to be able to at least launch characters from saved profiles. I posted this very rough draft to github: https://github.com/towbes/rancha

I haven't decided whether to post source yet. If anyone would like to see the source code please feel free to DM me and we can do a screenshare to go over the code.

I scoured old archives of Rob's posts while making this. The amount of innovative design he put into Mojo was truly incredible. It's been a lot of fun to finally dive in and make a win32 App. Thank you Rob for all the information you've shared over the years.

Edit: Cleaned up some code and posted source

Update: Changed to ImGui for the user interface, much nicer!

Update 9/12: Can now create Teams of characters to launch with one button click
Member of <Grace>

Okarin / Winry / Kurisu / Padanfaine
teebs

Re: Character Launcher

Postby Electro » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:39 am

Thank you for taking this on teebs! If anything, I know the app will be secure!

I'd offer to test it out, but I am 100% Apple these days and not super interested in going through the Bootcamp thing for now.

And a HUGE thanks to Rob as well. If it weren't for Mojoware, HKN, and other DAoC software he created, I probably would have moved on from DAoC much earlier than I did.
The name's Ian, aka Electro/Butchered/Saxona
https://ianrandmckenzie.com
Electro
Sage
Sage

Postby Rob » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:49 pm

Electro wrote:And a HUGE thanks to Rob as well. If it weren't for Mojoware, HKN, and other DAoC software he created, I probably would have moved on from DAoC much earlier than I did.

You sure you want to thank me for that? I feel like I owe you an apology for it. :) :) :)
You may have known me as Ribble or robbie1687
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Electro » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:27 am

Rob wrote:
Electro wrote:And a HUGE thanks to Rob as well. If it weren't for Mojoware, HKN, and other DAoC software he created, I probably would have moved on from DAoC much earlier than I did.

You sure you want to thank me for that? I feel like I owe you an apology for it. :) :) :)

Another way to frame it is that even YOU couldn't save DAoC with your software keeping it on life support ;)
The name's Ian, aka Electro/Butchered/Saxona
https://ianrandmckenzie.com
Electro
Sage
Sage

Return to Gaheris