How to train champion abilities

Dark Age of Camelot in general.

How to train champion abilities

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:48 am

Each time you gain a new champion level, you get another champion point. You can't seem them in your character's stat windows, but you have them.

You can buy champion abilities with these points from base class trainers in your realm.

Base classes are left over from the early years of the game. They are no longer used except for buying champion abilities.

Each realm has several base classes. You can see your character's base class on the main stats panel. Your character can buy abilities from the other base class trainers in its realm, but not from its own.

For example, Midgard's base classes are mystic, seer, rogue, and viking. Warriors are vikings, so they can buy champion abilities from all those trainers except the viking trainer.

Albion base class trainers
Acolyte trainer
Disciple trainer
Elementalist trainer
Fighter trainer
Mage trainer
Rogue trainer

Midgard base class trainers
Mystic trainer
Seer trainer
Viking trainer
Rogue trainer

Hibernia base class trainers
Forester trainer
Guardian trainer
Naturalist trainer
Stalker trainer
Magician trainer

Key words: daoc camelot champion abilities CL abilities train trainer base class
You may have known me as Ribble or robbie1687
Rob
Site Admin

Re: How to train champion abilities

Postby Warriorperson » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:21 am

A) I'm sad base classes were removed. Back in the early days, I put a lot of thinking into what I wanted to turn my character into, and I felt like the choice actually mattered. In the post-ToA/Cata days, I found it highly annoying, but it was still one of the fun quirks of daoc, and I'd become used to it as part of the game, and I would have preferred it stuck around if only for the history.

B) I'm also highly annoyed that you can't get CL abilities from what would have been your original base class. My sorc would love to have access to CL disease so, so much. Also, Vampiirs should be able to get CL abilities from any class. Back then, you could turn any Hib base class into a Vampiir at 5, provided you were of an appropriate race. Unrelated rant: /level 20 for Maulers and Catacombs classes, they should be added in by now.

C) Again, Mythic went with a tack-on system, forcing people to buy the new expansion to remain competitive in PvP, further destroying game balance. The extra 250, and later 500, hp was just too much to pass up for serious pvp.
I can be reached via email at blasek0 AT gmail D.OT com
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Postby Taxie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:42 am

I have a few base class characters sitting on my character select screen because I can't get them back if I get rid of them. I could use those spots, too! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who randomly cares about that.
Taxie

Postby Pentegarn » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Taxie wrote:I have a few base class characters sitting on my character select screen because I can't get them back if I get rid of them. I could use those spots, too! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who randomly cares about that.

I wonder if they implemented the old system as a fail safe for people who kept base class toons in case they ever wanted to level beyond 5
Pentegarn

Postby Warriorperson » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Pentegarn wrote:
Taxie wrote:I have a few base class characters sitting on my character select screen because I can't get them back if I get rid of them. I could use those spots, too! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who randomly cares about that.

I wonder if they implemented the old system as a fail safe for people who kept base class toons in case they ever wanted to level beyond 5

You can't. It stops you at 5.99999999999, and stores the experience you're earning, and then applies it all at once to your character when you choose a final class. You can skip straight to level 7, 8 or higher if you stored up enough experience in that manner.
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Postby Pentegarn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 am

What I meant is when they removed the base classes did they also remove the ability to upgrade yourself to the regular classes as well
Pentegarn

Postby Warriorperson » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Pentegarn wrote:What I meant is when they removed the base classes did they also remove the ability to upgrade yourself to the regular classes as well

As of right now, no. Not sure if the level 5 cap still applies, but they can still earn xp and turn into a "real" class as they originally would have. I think the race restrictions get messed up though, if you still have a character who is one of the old base classes.
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Return to General DAOC