Help

Dark Age of Camelot in general.

Help

Postby arosebyanyothername » Wed May 26, 2010 8:28 pm

you know me as rose but i have a few other names such as grammee on gaheris server. I played for 3 years on lance server. I hated rvr so i switched to gaheris. I have tried to make my toons the best but I still don't understand the point system such as how do you get 101/101 on strength, dex, con, piety, etc. I get the points but is there a formula for the caps. If anyone one could explain it to me that would be great. I have done trial and error and most of the time i get some of the 101/101 by accident. I just keep changing stuff untill i get it and still be able to get my resistance and everything else where it needs to be. I am sure there must be an easier way. Thank you in advance. By the way ribble I think this is a great site and I hope it does great.We miss you and I am still waiting for my 5 headed snake trophy LOL. :roll:
arosebyanyothername

Re: Help

Postby Svartmetall » Wed May 26, 2010 8:36 pm

As my teeny little Troll brain understands it, it works like this - the bonuses you can get to stats are as follows:

up to +75 from standard gear
up to +26 from TOA +cap bonuses (which stack on top of the basic +75 from gear)
up to +8 from Mythirian bonuses (which stack on top of everything else)

To resists, it's:

up to +26% from standard gear
up to +5% from artifact or Champion weapon bonuses (which stack on top of the basic +26% from gear)
up to +8% from Mythirian bonuses (which stack on top of everything else)

So the maximum possible is +109 to a stat from gear, TOA +cap bonuses and a Mythirian, and +39% to a resist in the same way.

hth

Huw/Svart
Svartmetall

Postby Electro » Wed May 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Svartmetall wrote:As my teeny little Troll brain understands it, it works like this - the bonuses you can get to stats are as follows:

up to +75 from standard gear
up to +26 from TOA +cap bonuses (which stack on top of the basic +75 from gear)
up to +8 from Mythirian bonuses (which stack on top of everything else)

To resists, it's:

up to +26% from standard gear
up to +5% from artifact or Champion weapon bonuses (which stack on top of the basic +26% from gear)
up to +8% from Mythirian bonuses (which stack on top of everything else)

So the maximum possible is +109 to a stat from gear, TOA +cap bonuses and a Mythirian, and +39% to a resist in the same way.

hth

Huw/Svart

On top of that there's also ToA bonuses.

Caps for 10% are Spell damage/range/pierce (pierce doesn't work in pve)/speed, Melee speed/damage/style damage, Realm/bounty point bonus.

AF bonus is capped at 50

Caps at 25% are Buff bonus, debuff bonus, spell duration, and healing bonus.

Power pool% is capped at 25% but can have a cap bonus of 50, for a potential of 75% power pool. (I've only managed to get 72% power pool in a practical template at the cost of considerable utility. Most decent Gaheris templates have 40-50% power pool).

There are also PvE bonuses to take into account, most of which are capped at 10% such as block bonus, parry bonus, evade bonus, concentration bonus, etc. Pve to-hit bonus is capped at 5% (very useful on a tank against bosses).

+ skills are capped at 11, but of course you get +1 for each realm rank except 1. (meaning +1 at rr2, +2 at rr3, and so on).
The name's Ian, aka Electro/Butchered/Saxona
http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s/Saxona
Electro
Sage
Sage

Postby Rob » Thu May 27, 2010 2:41 am

Rose what exactly is giving you trouble? Is it the idea of 101/101? What that means exactly? Or something else?

Let's do a Fomor raid! :)
You may have known me as Ribble or robbie1687
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Apocalyptics » Thu May 27, 2010 3:46 am

The links section of the site has links to the 3 most popular templating programmes:

Loki - Probably easiest for beginner to use. Plug in all the different items (belts, jewels, etc.. ) you have available for a specific toon. Say which armor pieces are going to be crafted. Say which stats, resists, etc.. are important to you. Hit the button and wait... and wait... and wait... and it will come up with a template for you (not necessarily the best of templates, but adequate). I didn't like this programme when I tried to use it. I only had the free version and thought its templates were worse than the ones I was creating using Korts. I can't say if the subscribe version is better though.

Gearbunny - A nice programme to use if you have a bit of an idea how to spellcraft. Has a nice database of items that relys on ethinarg (a couple of items have wrong stats but vast majority are correct). Put these items in, put in your spellcrafted items with their bonus, and you can see if you've hit caps on what you want. Use the Item searcher to look for items that will help max out what you are short in. Go into the omnicrafter to work out what gems you need to sc on your armor to reach your caps. Put them on the armor in the most suitable order to hit SC limits on each piece. Print out your template. This is the programme I use now, mainly because of the items lookup convenience. It took a while to get used to the omnicrafter after Korts, but is nice now I follow it.

Korts - This was the programme I learnt on. It was originally an SC'ing programme I think, but things like an ethinarg database have been added over time with the ability to seach it for specific properties. You need to be pretty good at SC'ing to get the most out of this programme, but it can come up with some amazing templates.
The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
Apocalyptics

Postby Fang » Thu May 27, 2010 6:57 am

If you are looking for the actual formulas that decide how much of a bonus you can have, I believe most of the ones you need are:

Resists = (Level / 2) + 1 (Cap of +26%)
Stats = (Level * 2) + 1 (Cap of +101)
Skills = (Level / 5) + 1 (Cap of +11)
Hits = (Level * 4) (Cap of 200)

Each of the areas where you can raise your cap is bound by the same formula. For example, + Hits which is capped at 200 HP, also has a +Hit Cap which would allow you to increase the cap by (Level *4), so that at level 50, you could have +200 Hits (Which is your base hit cap), +200 Hit Cap from items, and then another +200 Hits (for the extra from your +200 hit cap) for a maximum of + 400 Hits.
Fang

Postby Warriorperson » Thu May 27, 2010 7:47 am

Fang wrote:If you are looking for the actual formulas that decide how much of a bonus you can have, I believe most of the ones you need are:

Resists = (Level / 2) + 1 (Cap of +26%)
Stats = (Level * 2) + 1 (Cap of +101)
Skills = (Level / 5) + 1 (Cap of +11)
Hits = (Level * 4) (Cap of 200)

Each of the areas where you can raise your cap is bound by the same formula. For example, + Hits which is capped at 200 HP, also has a +Hit Cap which would allow you to increase the cap by (Level *4), so that at level 50, you could have +200 Hits (Which is your base hit cap), +200 Hit Cap from items, and then another +200 Hits (for the extra from your +200 hit cap) for a maximum of + 400 Hits.

The +stats caps here are incorrect.
Stats = (Level * 1.5) = 75 at 50
Stat cap = (Level * .5) + 1 = +26 cap increase, for +101 total

To make sure I cover everything:

Stats:
Str/con/dex/qui/int/emp/pie/chr: Level * 1.5 = +75 (at 50)
Hits: Level * 4 = +200 (at 50)
Power (stat, not %): Level / 2 = +25 (at 50)
Note: Mythirian overcaps add both to the cap and the base stat, so, for these purposes, do not matter

Resists:
All resists: (Level / 2) + 1 = 26 (at 50)
Note: Mythirian overcaps add both to the cap and the base resist, so, for these purposes, do not matter

Skills:
All skills: (Level / 5) + 1 = +11 (at 50)

ToA Bonuses:
Buff/heal/duration/%power/AF/Debuff/Fatigue: Level / 2 = 25 (at 50)
Style/melee/spell damage, cast speed, melee speed, spell range, resist pierce =(Level / 5) = 10 (at 50) *** CURRENT FORMULA ***
*** ORIGINAL FORMULA *** = (Level / 2) = 25 (at 50) - was changed shortly after ToA launch due to huge balance issues it caused

Cap increases:
Power (affects both the stat and ToA bonus): Level = 50 (at 50)
Hits: Level * 4 = 200 (at 50)
Str/con/dex/qui/int/pie/emp/chr: (Level / 2) + 1 = 26 (at 50)

PvE bonuses:
Bladeturn reinforcement, spell power cost, blocking, parrying, evade, defensive bonus, negative effect duration, piece ablative, reactionary style damage, style cost reduction, to-hit bonus, concentration: (Level / 5) = 10 (at 50)

Buff caps:
Base buffs (str/con/dex): +62 at 50
Spec buffs (str/con, dex/qui, acu): +93 at 50 - note: acuity buffs, due to the low delve value of the level 42 version compared to the str/con and dex/qui buffs, can't reach the +93 cap, but certain ToA drop items have a +acuity charge that is capable of reaching said cap on extremely high int/pie casters (my elf enchanter at aug acu 4 could only reach +91 acu, but my avalonian theurgist at acu5 could reach +93)
Last edited by Warriorperson on Fri May 28, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can be reached via email at blasek0 AT gmail D.OT com
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Postby arosebyanyothername » Thu May 27, 2010 8:47 pm

okay i'm totally confused. i appreciate all the help but maybe i'm not explaining it very well or maybe i'm just not understanding it. i have an arms which has 101/101 strength (16 OC) 101/101 dex (31 OC) 92/92 con (47 OC). how do i bring my con up to 101/101? do i put something on that has con pts or do i put something on that has a con cap. my resistance is all 26 or over except for spirit. my con has 92 with 47 overcap, do i add 8 more points to the 92 or do i have to add 53 points to the 47, thats what i don't understand. how do i get the con from 92 to 100 or 101. I have checked some templates but i think my trial and error is better but i hoped there was an easier way to get there.
arosebyanyothername

Postby Apocalyptics » Fri May 28, 2010 1:50 am

arosebyanyothername wrote:...my con has 92 with 47 overcap, do i add 8 more points to the 92 or do i have to add 53 points to the 47, thats what i don't understand. how do i get the con from 92 to 100 or 101. I have checked some templates but i think my trial and error is better but i hoped there was an easier way to get there.

The 47 points overcap is telling you that you actually have 139/92 con, but are capped at 92. Therefore you need an item(s) that will raise your con cap by another 9 points to reach the 101 max. You can afford to lose items with 38 points of con and still hit the 101. Similarly you can afford to lose items with 16 points strength and 31 dex (the overcaps you mentioned).
The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
Apocalyptics

Postby Rob » Fri May 28, 2010 2:03 am

Rose, the game says 101/101 because there are two numbers for that stat and you have to raise both.

When an item says "cap," it raises the second number. For example:

Bonus to Dexterity attribute bonus cap: 5
Anything else raises the first number. For example:

Magical bonuses:
    Dexterity: 15 points
You may have known me as Ribble or robbie1687
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Ogged » Fri May 28, 2010 6:29 am

Warriorperson wrote:Spec buffs (str/con, dex/qui, acu): +83 at 50

I think the spec buff cap is 93 : (buff value * 1.25 (because it's a spec buff) capped at 75 and rounded down) * (1 + ToA buff bonus %)

For example, the Midgard level 37 shammy dex/qui buff with 25% buff bonus :

delve = 58

58 * 1.25 (spec bonus)= 72.5 (rounded down to 72)
72 * 1.25 (ToA bonus) = 90
Ogged

Postby arosebyanyothername » Fri May 28, 2010 11:32 am

okay u think i got it. thank you all for your help. back to the drawing board. lol :D
arosebyanyothername

Postby Warriorperson » Fri May 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Ogged wrote:
Warriorperson wrote:Spec buffs (str/con, dex/qui, acu): +83 at 50

I think the spec buff cap is 93 : (buff value * 1.25 (because it's a spec buff) capped at 75 and rounded down) * (1 + ToA buff bonus %)

For example, the Midgard level 37 shammy dex/qui buff with 25% buff bonus :

delve = 58

58 * 1.25 (spec bonus)= 72.5 (rounded down to 72)
72 * 1.25 (ToA bonus) = 90

Ah, yes, it is 93, my bad. I will correct my previous post to fix this. However, in either case, the acuity buff, even the red variety, with +25% buffs, does not cap, but said staff buff can cap you, however impractical using it may be (losing your staff power charge for an extra 12 int, hardly worth it)
I can be reached via email at blasek0 AT gmail D.OT com
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Return to General DAOC