Aggro Question

Dark Age of Camelot in general.

Aggro Question

Postby Roedyn » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:17 pm

Does anyone have any idea how aggro is determined in DAoC anymore?

I was running around on my 'Chanter with his Compatriot pet, and got attacked by a mob. I stood there, expecting my pet to grab aggro from me. Long story short, I ended up dead and the mob was at 17% life, all of which was from my pet.

Do mobs pretty much ignore pets if they don't have their aggro at the start of a fight now, making pet classes much less useful?
Roedyn

Re: Aggro Question

Postby Rob » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:51 pm

If I remember correctly, there was a patch ten or fifteen years ago when the ability of pets to hold aggro was suddenly and substantially reduced. I vaguely remember coming back to the game after that and wondering why I kept wiping with my chanter, or was it a necro, I can't remember.

I don't think there's any single aggro formula for all aggressors and all kinds of actions, and some aggro calculations (for example, how much aggro gets redirected by protect) are partially randomized.
You may have known me as Ribble or robbie1687
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Sheb » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:47 am

Id also guess just from experience that it differs from mob to mob.....unless it is a bug i know that NF dragons are a pain because who has aggro is all over the place, just being in range seems to generate aggro.
Sheb

Postby Roedyn » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:04 am

Ok, thank you both for the answers, they both pretty much fit in with what I've seen. I guess that whenever I see a mob ignore my pet and come after me I just need to start running away :?
Roedyn

Postby Saragorn » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:55 pm

A pet can peal agro but the change Rob is likely referencing is when they attributed a portion of the pets damage agro so it not always immediate and other factors can prevent from getting sufficient agro to do so.

Assuming the mob was hitting you and pet was hitting mob, the distance aspect of agro isn't a factor but did you have either a damage shield, damage or heal procing armor/buffs that were going off?

These can tip scale to have a pet having a hard time pealing agro off you.

Also, a caveat, agro from fire and forget type shrooms , all this agro gets transferred to caster when they drop but you were speaking of a controlled pet in your example but just put in here in case others happen on it.

Note, I been able to nuke a mob with my spiritmaster and still have pet pull it.
Saragorn

Return to General DAOC