this made me smile

Dark Age of Camelot in general.

this made me smile

Postby IzleFoshizle » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:47 am

i was reading the ywain Vn board 's topic on the 1.104 buglist for the heck of it, and noticed someone had posted on there saying one of the bugs was that Gaheris had the server-wide guild disband. some of the comments from ywain players after that made me SO happy i play on Gaheris. For instance ( the next posts are from ACTUAL VN members mind you ):
-----------------------------------------
It's Gaheris who the f... cares lol
so that effects what, 5 people?
morry100 posted:"Not sure if this is part of the recent patch (and I realise that no one cares about Gaheris) but it would appear that when you try and /level a new toon on Gaheris to level 20 the game crashes."

ywain player: I believe they're trying to tell you something my friend peace
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and there was more response to Morry100's but it was just so obnoxious i couldnt even post it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, in all i know it was quite a negative post.. but the real reason why i posted this is to say Thank you to everyone who plays Gaheris and makes this community 100x better than theres. People who play ywain have no idea what Gaheris is all about because they have never played it. They, for reason, think the server is dead when its quite alive. So, again, Thank you to each and every player that Keeps Gaheris alive and makes it playable for anyone, even youngest of players.
-- Survivors --
[Main] Frizle FoShizle

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
IzleFoshizle

Re: this made me smile

Postby Qwarr » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:52 am

Couldn't agree more.

I started playing this game for the sake of PvP... but lately the way people talk to each other on ywain... its unbearable.
/Q - Officer of BlackHeart Pirates
Qwarr

Postby Rob » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:14 am

I left an RvR server in 2002 and switched to Gaheris for this very reason.

I think VN is partly to blame. Most companies that publish forums prohibit nasty messages. VN allows them. For example, compare Blizzard's WoW forums.
You may have known me as Ribble or robbie1687
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 am

This reminds me of a thread on VN where somebody insulted me. What made it unusual was that the purpose of his post was to praise a program I had written.

TrashLanding wrote:If you're in Vista, use LottaCam from that goofball on Gaheris, way easier to use that hotkey.net, no scripts to copy or any of that crap, just fire up lottacam then run as many instances as you want.

I replied:

robbie1687 wrote:Why can't you recommend the program without insulting me?

He replied:

TrashLanding wrote:D'oh! Sorry man, nothing personal meant by it.

It's just that to me, anyone playing on Gaheris has to be a bit of a goofball

Seriously though, no offense meant to ya'!

Link to original thread on VN

By the way, Mythic changed its rules last February and LottaCam may violate them now. That's why it's not mentioned on this website. But in case anyone is curious, here's a link.
You may have known me as Ribble or robbie1687
Rob
Site Admin

Postby IzleFoshizle » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:36 am

I dislike how they feel the need to publicly bash a server of people just because they think what they do is superior to us. :evil:
-- Survivors --
[Main] Frizle FoShizle

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
IzleFoshizle

Postby Warriorperson » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:51 am

People do stuff like that, don't take it personally. Most 8man guilds looked down on the 'normal' players on a server (including most of my former guild), just like how people who run bots are sort of looked down on on the VNs, as well as anybody who doesn't follow the unwritten RvR "code of conduct" that seems to be in place.
I can be reached via email at blasek0 AT gmail D.OT com
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Return to General DAOC