EV encounter

Conversations about the Gaheris server.

EV encounter

Postby Sheb » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:22 pm

So i was exploring EV today and realized for the first time that you can now go underground at the center of the island. there seems to be some type of special encounter down there. i notice the mobs spawn really fast and i saw at least one /region message talking about a mob now seeming immortal again. i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this area or encounter.
Sheb

Re: EV encounter

Postby Sheb » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:00 pm

so apparently this is an alternative to doing the instance for OW10
Sheb

Postby Von War » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:05 am

Hey Sheb,

It might be a group encounter that they made some time ago (i.e. 2017). I have never tried it out, just heard of it. The only description i could find on the net is on this link below:

http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthre ... stance-Hib

Please write here in this forum if you find out more.

Best regards

Vonwar
Danish Huscarls
Von War

Postby Lucy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:50 am

I think it's the final stage of the Otherworld encounters. It seems more geared towards the Ywain side of DAOC, to get people to fight in the RVR side of the game up on EV. Plus ya get a piece of Otherworld head gear. I did most of that encounter but we always got wiped out at EV, but I think since they made it quite easier.

Lucy
Lucy

Postby Mplode » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:07 am

I discovered this encounter the other day and tried it...

Manannan mac Lir <Lord of Ellan Vannin>
King Uther
Cliodna, Queen of the Siabra

They are yellow-con but really tough. There's a bubble around Manannan and I don't quite understand how it works. I lasted quite a while but ended up wiping. Couple of messages I noticed...

Manannan mac Lir bellows "Clumped enemies ripe for the picking!"
King Uther chuckles "Your cold damage caresses my heart!"

As a side note, there are Manx Mage mobs in that underground area, and they can aggro and endlessly nuke you when you are fighting Agramon on the surface. They're really annoying. I fight Agramon on the north side of the pad to avoid them.
<Juggernaut> Mplode, Xplode, Deadlock, Expedience, Fateful, Commotion, Harmonize, and others
Mplode

Return to Gaheris