Legion

Memories of the old days.

Re: Legion

Postby Kregon » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:20 am

Yeah, I was fourteen, haha.

I figured it was better to say I was 5 years older, and have it be assumed I was semi retarded, than to be fully retarded (all people < 18 are assumed to be fully retarded).

Ninjairlimo!

It would be fun to have some kind of reunion, but I haven't played anything in years, and there's nfw I'd play WoW again.

ps

I'm not an old fart like you guys! lawlsux2beuirlimo.
Kregon

Postby Teg~ » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:01 pm

HAI BERT!
Teg~

Postby Longshanks » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:42 am

I think the forum ate my previous post...

What's up people!!! So many old names, so many memories :(

What's everyone up to? I think the last one i talked with was... Mike, probly.
Kled, Master of Pain.
Longshanks

Postby Nabs » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:26 pm

I ate it...was hungry
Nabs, Playing DAOC since 2004
Nabs

Postby Asberdies » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Fusion was Darkfury's guild after Legion, yes. He pilfered some Legion members, scooped out some fine people from other guilds (mostly tiny ones), and there they were. They ended up in my alliance, though that was literally a matter of luck, as we did a /random to see whether it would be me, Leggy from Trinity, or Darkfury heading the alliance. When Trinity went tits up, Flutter grabbed all the members worth keeping, dropped Trinity from the alliance, made Ar Fein, and joined the alliance with them.

Last I heard, Darkfury had moved to Vegas to date/live with one of the Fusion players.

There was a point in time when Legion was still large that I made a Firbolg warden named "Darkfurby". I dressed him in all black scale armor, a red shield and red cloak, and stood near the porter in Domnann. I had told a Legion member to meet me there, when she showed up she immediately laughed her head off and apparently told everyone in Legion about the Firby because there was a parade of Legion members porting in, walking around me taking screen shots, laughing, and porting out.
Asberdies

Postby vicky » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:26 pm

thats funny
vicky

Postby Valythefluffytroll » Sat May 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Wow so many old names here. The only ones missing are Plane and Parryshieldgenerator! Ed pointed me at this today so I thought i'd post a hi.

Hai to alles the old Legion people hope you're doing well.

From your favorite pink troll and valysrak!

:)

Sorry how could I forget Koar because i always killed stuff faster than him!!
Valythefluffytroll

Postby Aadriech » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:25 pm

Somehow stumbled upon this while bored in the middle of the night. But it really brings back a lot of old names and good memories!!

I was never in Legion, but I was with Just For Fun with the Kiwi's. Had a Theurgist named Aadriech and a Pally named Telamons.

Loved going on any raids that I could with you all, although I had bad internet at the time so was hard to make them as I lagged out a lot.

I've been wondering what has happened with everyone over the last 7 or so years since I stopped playing.

But thanks for bringing back some good ole' memories I had being a member of the Legion Alliance!! :)
Aadriech

Postby vicky » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:00 pm

nice to see you post aadriech i stopped playing daoc on april 22 of this year and went to lotr.. i remember just for fun had some fond memories of that guild
vicky

Postby Cayla » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:11 pm

I was never a member of Legion. But being from the old days of Gaheris, I either knew or knew of everyone mentioned. Who didnt?! lol. Those days of Gaheris are my most cherished days in any game to date. Thanks to you all for adding to what Gaheris was all about. I wasnt a social butterfly by any means, but I always helped on epics and raids when I was around. And though those days are gone, I still haunt Gaheris lol. Though my guild has long long since dwindled to a guild of one. Thanks for posting everyone, so awesome to see some names that I hadnt seen in a long long time.

Cayla Kincade
The Fourth Seal
Cayla

Postby Ultra » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:22 am

Bert, I'm glad you found this thread. It would be be cool to look you up on WoW, just for old time's sake.

It's also very gratifying to see so many familiar names from so long ago. To many of us, Legion was much more than just a gaming guild.

Bert, I know what you mean about our experiences in Legion helping make us who we are today. I had never played a character named "Ultra" before I rolled him on Gaheris, but my old Elven Enchanter persona stuck with me. I am still Ultra. I even use it in my business name.

I hope some more Legionites drop by and say hi. Our friendships were real and worth remembering.

-Ultra
www.UltraSabers.com
Ultra

Postby Bert » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:25 am

Ultra! Sup chief!

It's funny but I know those days on gaheris shaped a lot of my life. Kinda hilarious since it's just a vidya game! I don't play wow anymore but I'm now playing a bit of rift.

Good seeing all the old names :-)
Bert

Postby Taxie » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Bert wrote:Ultra! Sup chief!

It's funny but I know those days on gaheris shaped a lot of my life. Kinda hilarious since it's just a vidya game! I don't play wow anymore but I'm now playing a bit of rift.

Good seeing all the old names :-)

No more Night Haven?
Taxie

Postby Bert » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:48 am

Nh is still rolling along, I just got tired of wow. :-)
Bert

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:13 pm

I just noticed that this thread has the most views of any thread on this forum.

Isn't that amazing? Legion has been gone from Gaheris for years, yet it stirs up more interest than anything else.

"As it was in the beginning, so shall it be in the end." :)
You may have known me as Ribble or robbie1687
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Kregon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Bert wrote:Nh is still rolling along, I just got tired of wow. :-)

That guild was filled with wankers. No loss imo.

Rob wrote:I just noticed that this thread has the most views of any thread on this forum.

Isn't that amazing? Legion has been gone from Gaheris for years, yet it stirs up more interest than anything else.

"As it was in the beginning, so shall it be in the end." :)

I guess you could say that Legion was Gaheris. I never realised that other people perceived
us as so "otherwordly." I would imagine this is how every great leader in mankinds history came about. If you believe enough of your own bullshit, others will soon do the same.

I believed in mine to the bitter end. If I could go back, I wouldn't change a thing. I could spend a lifetime trying chase that perception of reality again.
Kregon

Postby Bert » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:45 am

lol Krego.

NH was good, I just got tired of the exact same game every year :)

And also hilarious - I really enjoyed my time on Gaheris and I totally understand what you mean, lol. I think the important part was how we treated everyone else. So many people tried to find so many reasons to take us down, give us shit and upset the guild, but when you're pretty much nice to everyone, and ran some fun-ass public raids, no one could complain.

Everytime someone did, half the server populace would rise up and slap 'em down, hahaha.

.B
Bert

Postby Kregon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Haha, indeed.

It was quite the diabolical scheme we had going.

Considering our guild ran all the raids, we essentially gave people fish. However, because of that, they never learned to fight.

Dude...

You totally went full wanker on us. That druid chick was bad news from day one.

I'll admit love is blind. You can have that.
Kregon

Postby Aadriech » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:19 pm

It's been about 8 years since now I've played, yet as crazy as it sounds, I still have dreams of running in raids with Legion.

I always wake up wanting to play soooo bad, but know everyone's pretty much gone from the game. :/

Like some of you have said before, my best memories are from my time playing this game with many of you all. :)

Like I said before, I was never in Legion, just the Alliance as a member of "Just for Fun". But I always felt there was a mystique surrounding "Legion". Because of that I always felt special just being in their alliance or any time I got invited into one of their groups. :p

No other guild that I did raids with ran them like Legion, everything just seemed to flow so well and efficiently. :D
Aadriech

Postby Bert » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Krego,
Outta respect for the past - I won't say much other than I've long since moved on, and I was young :)

BUT.

I still ran the best ML raids.
And Caer Sidi.
Fuck Galladoria tho.

.B
Bert

Postby Zwerg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:28 am

Zwerg here, no clue why but I started thinking about DAoC and our adventures with Legion earlier. A quick Google search lead me here.

As some have said, my time on Gaheris was the best gaming experience I've had and it has something to do with who I am. I had played all of the major (and some minor) MMOs up to the release of DAoC and several since but none have had the same impact, and Legion made the experience even better.

I too had the opinion that Legion was full of l33t pricks after going on a raid with Darkfury. It ended poorly with him yelling at everyone... First impressions and all...
Then I met Bert and Xeen. Went along on some public (and a couple not so public raids) when joining, did things I never thought was possible and saw parts of the game that were wholly unaccessable to the guild of about 10 that I had. We were all friends in RL and started a guild, I even lost an acquaintance when he found out that my wife (Enara, Lurikeen Hero) and I were joining Legion... booted him from our old guild right before Bert sent an invite.
That guild was loads of fun, full of the best people I've ever met in game doing high level end-game stuff effortlessly.

I remember Ultra and Asberdies, maybe a few others. I still talk to a couple of other non-Legion friends that I used to group with. Realm Walkers even sent my wife and I a painting of our characters for our anniversary. I'm hoping to hear some info on a "DAoC 2" or something similar as I'm currently not playing MMOs and nothing that's out now really does it for me.

Yes, Bert, fuck Galladoria (sorry, I know I was one that yelled for it whenever the discussion came up) and fuck Bruiser... I never did get that damned thing.

Zwerg - Dwarf Skald
Zwerg

Postby Valexia » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:00 pm

A lotta familiar names here :)
Valexia

Postby Baron » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Wow...I just stumbled upon this today after my buddy, zwerg, up there reminded me of the good 'ol days on Gaheris.

I was never in Legion but I ran with you guys a lot. I was in Riddle of Iron with Heph and the rest of those hooligans. Good to see all these old, familiar names.
Baron

Postby Patsey Pinecone » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:53 pm

Wow! This thread is still going!! Awesome! Kellie, I came here today after your FB post!! Great times! I've played
Many mmo's but the very best times were in DAOC! I agree. It's great to see so many familiar names! I'm glad I found
A few of these fun people on FB! I still miss my VW! :cry:
Patsey Pinecone

Postby Gjo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:41 am

Just wanted to say hi to those that I know and those that (might) remember me.
Gjo

PreviousNext

Return to Gaheris history