Locations of new Pict camps (Leave No Stone Unturned)

Dark Age of Camelot in general.

Locations of new Pict camps (Leave No Stone Unturned)

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:16 am

These camps were added to the game in June 2012.

Click here for an easier-to-read version of this info.

Camps for Leave No Stone Unturned (Albion)
Lyn Barfog 56.9k, 25.0k (Arch Druid Talorgen)
Lyn Barfog 48.1k, 6.9k (High Chieftess Caitt)
Black Mountains North 12.9k, 35.2k (Grand Magus Fochel)
Black Mountains North 31.3k, 12.0k (Overseer Crautreic)

Camps for Leave No Stone Unturned (Hibernia)
Cursed Forest 5.3k, 46.6k (Arch Druid Lutrin)
Cursed Forest 20.4k, 57.4k (High Chieftain Foclaid)
Bri Leith 53.1k, 35.5k (Grand Magus Morbet)
Bri Leith 24.9k, 20.8k (Overseer Muircholaich)

Camps for Leave No Stone Unturned (Midgard)
Raumarik 49.0k, 55.1k (High Chieftan Circenn)
Raumarik 58.5k, 32.1k (Arch Druid Derelei)
West Svealand 5.4k, 17.9k (Grand Magus Gnith)
West Svealand 33.7k, 6.2k (Overseer Feredach)
You may know me as Ribble or robbie1687
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Locations of new Pict camps (Leave No Stone Unturned)

Postby Walters » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks
Walters

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:53 am

Welcome. :)
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Mykk » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:51 pm

What level is the quest for?

I suppose I will be longing in soon and could check it out myself. :)
Mykk - 50 Paladin rr8L3

MMOrty.com
Mykk

Postby CuAnam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:59 am

Hello... I really feel like I'm intruding here.. but it's apparent your server have done what mine apparently can not do... We have your locations for the 4 pictish bosses in Midgard on the Ywain cluster.. but... we haven't seen anyone but Circenn. It took 3 days for us to find out that we had to wait the 3 hours for the trebs to appear after the camp in Raumarik pops.. but nothing happens after we kill Circenn.. I camped the camp 2 loc all day and no camp appeared.. did I miss a step? am I doing something wrong? do those medallions have something to do with it? Please help the less intelligent of your daoc bethren >.< Thank you in advance >^.^<
CuAnam

Postby Rob » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:30 am

CuAnam wrote:Hello... I really feel like I'm intruding here.. but it's apparent your server have done what mine apparently can not do... We have your locations for the 4 pictish bosses in Midgard on the Ywain cluster.. but... we haven't seen anyone but Circenn. It took 3 days for us to find out that we had to wait the 3 hours for the trebs to appear after the camp in Raumarik pops.. but nothing happens after we kill Circenn.. I camped the camp 2 loc all day and no camp appeared.. did I miss a step? am I doing something wrong? do those medallions have something to do with it? Please help the less intelligent of your daoc bethren >.< Thank you in advance >^.^<

Hi CuAnam, welcome. You're not intruding. I was on Mid Ywain yesterday for hours in West Svealand and Raumarik, helping a friend with this quest, so I saw the situation myself.

Like you say, on Ywain, only Circenn's camp spawns. On Gaheris, all four camps spawn. Why the difference? It seems to me that only somebody from Mythic can answer this question.

If it's something that players are doing or not doing, it's unintentional.

On Gaheris, all four camps aren't there all the time. On Saturday, the Svealand camps were missing for part of the day. But right now (Monday morning) all four exist.

Like you say, yesterday on Ywain people were telling each other in /region that the first camp (or each camp) in the chain has to exist for a certain number of hours before the next camp spawns. They were saying "four hours" when I was there, not three, so I guess the rumor evolved later in the day.

I have no idea whether this is true. There's a thread on postcount.net where Lorin says he heard it from somebody who heard it from a CSR. Lorin himself says he doesn't know if it's true. If it's true, then I guess the explanation may be that there are fewer people on Gaheris, so the camps get attacked less often, so they have more time to grow to the required size.

If that's the cause of the problem, it's a bad design on Mythic's part.

In any case, I think the only thing you can do is complain to Mythic and let them fix the problem.
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Pentegarn » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:36 am

To add more info tidbits, Walter and I both noticed there is a message that occasionally that says something to the effect of "the pictish are renewing their assault on (insert secondary borderkeep here)". Then there were caravans you could attack heading to the keep in question. This may or may not have anything to do with it, just throwing it out there though.
Pentegarn

Postby CuAnam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Pentegarn wrote:To add more info tidbits, Walter and I both noticed there is a message that occasionally that says something to the effect of "the pictish are renewing their assault on (insert secondary borderkeep here)". Then there were caravans you could attack heading to the keep in question. This may or may not have anything to do with it, just throwing it out there though.

Gah! see no one on the Ywain servers has seen ANY messages because they don't leave Circenn alone long enough >.< Mythic should never have done the quest like this on the Ywain servers.. People are too impatient and want the new pictslayer weapons and are forgetting about the big prize at the end.. is it MoH btw? I know for Fact it takes 3 hours at Circenn's camp from the time it spawns till they build the trebs..a good two hours of that time is just waiting for the supply crates to appear.. I think the spawn time would be faster if people would leave the camp alone and stop farming Circenn's people but I get ignored or called names when I try to explain the processes to people. I'd bet the fact of no caravans leaving Circenn's camp is why the others arent popping.. they arnt getting the supplies because no one will leave Circenn alone >.<.. the spawn would be different on Gaheris I think because of the lack of players on that server so them all popping together kind of makes sense, plus even if it's the same. you guys are pve'rs you know how to sit and camp spots lol
CuAnam

Postby Pentegarn » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:18 pm

So far there is no quest after the belt, but you do get this mysterious neck item that so far does nothing but says that a scholar may know more about it.

Perhaps it is a future MoH in the making when more of the storyline is unlocked? Hard to tell

And we are having spawn issues as well (Sunday evening we tried to run a raid to kill all the mid belt mobs, only 3 were there, the 4th was a complete no show). I think what favors us is we can do the quest on all 3 realms so we are potentially spread out. Though the population there must make farming the 25 kill repeatable a bit difficult.
Pentegarn

Postby CuAnam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:45 pm

I've heard this pict quest is similar to the dragon campaign.. I wasn't here for that I was here before it by years lol.. but it's to my understanding that the dragon campaign ended with an MoH... which with the difficulty and complicating nature of this quest leads me to believe that this too will end in one as well..and yeah there's only two camps to farm for the repeatable quest and one before it per realm.. needless to say it's nearly impossible to get the kill counts because people leech your kills or set pets inside the camps...
CuAnam

Postby Pentegarn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:08 am

They have been stealth fixing this questline I think in the past 24 hours. One very important change they made: you can take all 3 realms repeatable at once. What does this mean to you? Well when you kill a pictish in a zone you get credit for a kill in all 3 quests, meaning you can get 750 scales for a mere 25 pictish killed and a few extra ports between runs.

If you are going to take advantage of this I suggest you do so quickly as there is a chance this might get refixed later. So cash in while the cashing is good.
Pentegarn

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 am

Yesterday after Walters led a group of mostly Legendary Mercenaries folks that killed the four chiefs in Midgard, I hung around and watched the encounter reset. Here's what happened. Real times (not game times) are shown.

Circles on map are camps.

10:34 am We kill Chief in camp 1 (all chiefs now dead)
10:39 am Camp 1 poofs (all camps now disappeared except for a Pictish Caravan at Camp 4)
11:07 am Camp 1 spawns
12:07 pm Camp 1's wagons and crates appear
01:07 pm Camp 1's trebs appear
02:07 pm Pictish Caravan spawns in Camp 1 and immediately starts moving

I stuck to the Pictish Caravan and let it take me to Camp 2's location. As soon as it got there:

02:13 pm Camp 2 spawns
03:13 pm Camp 2's wagons and crates appear
03:14 pm Camp 2's trebs appear
03:15 pm Pictish Caravan spawns in Camp 2 and immediately starts moving

Once again, I stuck to the Pictish Caravan and let it take me to Camp 3's location. As soon as it arrived:

03:19 pm Camp 3 spawns
03:20 pm Camp 3's wagons and crates appear
03:21 pm Camp 3's trebs appear

Based on events at Camp 2, I expected a Pictish Caravan to spawn in Camp 3 at at 3:22 or 4:22 pm to create Camp 4. But the caravan didn't appear.

I waited mote than an hour but it still didn't appear. Apparently the Caravan wasn't spawning because its previous instance still existed at Camp 4's location. That "old" Caravan at Camp 4 should have disappeared when Camp 4 poofed a few hours earlier, but due to a bug, it was still in the game. I decided to kill the Caravan at Camp 4 manually to try to trigger the next action in the encounter.

04:45 Pictish Caravan killed at Camp 4's location
04:57 Last guard from Pictish Caravan killed
05:02 Camp 4 spawns (I might have missed a new caravan traveling from Camp 3)
05:02 Camp 4's wagons and crates appear
05:03 Camp 4's trebs appear
05:06 Message appears in "important" channel: The Picts have been spotted and are preparing to launch an offensive on Vindsaul Faste.
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Ywain players are saying that Mythic adjusted the encounter's timing yesterday, so the times in the previous post may be irrelevant now. But the bug with the Caravan may remain in the game. I saw the bug again later in the day on Ywain.

To work around the bug, look for Pictish Caravans at the sites of empty camps and destroy them so new ones can spawn. Here's what they look like:

Rob
Site Admin

Postby CuAnam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Yeah we on the Ywain servers have the bug with the 4th camp caravan too we figured out that killing it worked.. soon as it was down camp 3 sent a new out
CuAnam

Postby Pentegarn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Well it finally happened, and I cannot say I am overly shocked, they stealth nerfed the repeatable. You can do it till you get the belt quest then it is gone.

If we're being honest though it really needed nerfing, I was getting 1500 scales per run with 2 toons, that is a silly amount of scales

Details here: http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/hot-fix-notes-0613
Pentegarn

Postby Vasi » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:13 pm

Anyone else think this particular fix note was funny? :D

"Fixed an issue where the Pict assault force would attack a borderkeep under Pict control."
Vasi

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:15 am

It didn't seem funny to me. That note impressed me because the author went to the trouble of describing all the changes and fixes in detail. I wish Mythic did that all the time.

To the Mythic employee who wrote it: thanks and /clap.
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Pentegarn » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:09 pm

I think by funny they meant haha, and Vasi is not wrong, the pictish attacking themselves is hilarious
Pentegarn

Postby Vasi » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:40 pm

"the pictish attacking themselves is hilarious"

That's what I was trying to say :D
Vasi

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:58 pm

I understood what you meant. It was perfectly clear.
Rob
Site Admin

Postby CuAnam » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:16 pm

sooo have you guys figured out what those medallions are for yet???
CuAnam

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:48 pm

Not me. :(
Rob
Site Admin

Postby CuAnam » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:11 pm

us either.. though we figured out that camp 4 puts the picts in vf LOL! we still don't know what the medallions are or anything >.<
CuAnam

Postby Zariah » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:09 am

Equip them then stand on the teleport pad inside the border keep?

lol j/k

Sometimes reading about the new campaigns makes me want to reactivate, but I'm moving next month back to the wilderness and I don't wish to relive the "Days of Dial-up" lol

Hope you all figure it out :D
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." ~ Mark Twain
Zariah

Postby Pentegarn » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:22 am

Get a wireless internet card from a provider like Verizon or AT&T
Pentegarn

Next

Return to General DAOC