Salvage Help

Dark Age of Camelot in general.

Salvage Help

Postby eckostate » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:42 am

how does one get to a point where he can level up and salvage gear from mob drops as he levels? What is needed to salvage every drop I'd get from 1-50?

Thanks, I have no clue what is needed to start and/or if I need to have a craft in all the categories(be a tailor/armor smith/weaponsmith) in order to salvage every different item is get from cloth to plate and from staffs to 2h hammers

I read the crafting guide on the forums here but I'm a bit stumped still, sorry and thank you in advance!
eckostate

Re: Salvage Help

Postby Mytha » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:33 pm

Hey there!

In response to your first question, if you want to get the most out of everything you salvage I think you'll want to get your Metalworking, Clothworking, Woodworking and Leatherworking skills up to 800-900 (can't recall the exact number). Those are the crafting skills which determine the level of items you can salvage materials from. Technically you can work on a skill like Tailoring or Armorcrafting to increase all three simultaneously, but if you're looking to salvage for money or so you can build up coin to craft more skills later on, you'll probably want to increase the Metal/Cloth/Wood/Leather-working skills individually. Starting out, you'll only be able to salvage materials dropped from the lowest level mobs; as you increase these skills you'll be able to salvage higher level materials from higher level items. You "can" salvage items even if you have 0 points in any skill, but if your skill is too low you'll either fail/get nothing or a reduced amount of materials.
As for leveling and salvaging at the same time, I would recommend leveling in the dungeons. They've been recently revamped, so there's lots of new items to salvage and/or equip. I'd make a Vampiir, Friar, etc or something that can easily solo the mobs down there and use that toon as your crafter. If you're not sure what dungeon is appropriate for your level, go to Cotswold, Mularn or Mag Mell and speak to the Dungeon Expeditionary Force NPCs. They are usually standing in the center of town by the Healer and Enhancement merchants. That NPC will port you to the dungeon for your level where you can also get bounty-kill quests that reward experience and items.

Hope this helps!
Mytha

Postby Frian » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:48 am

or Salvage weapon Pict = 75 golds for 1 (staff no-3gold)--

Salvage Weapon/armor (no Cloth/leather) Spin/Barrows/Corus Mine Head/helm = 2 unit arms= 10 Chest = 15 ( 15 units = 75 golds)

Up Salvage 1300 up Cloth Alb up all craft base !

/use /Craft alb or /craft Mid / craft hib
Frian

Postby eckostate » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:37 am

Thanks guys this helps! I think I can afford to level some actual crafts to level my secondary skills since it seems 'cheaper' cause you'll spend money level in three skills at once rather than just one. I tried it out and it seems to be going well, i still don't get the 'do this craft then this one then this one' theory in order to max your gains for your money.

There was a salvage guide here on gaharis.net that gave tables on what to craft but I don't understand it cause on tailoring for instance it says do leather gloves then at 100 switch to metalworking and trinket to 100. Do I trinket and it seems exspinsive to do this when I can switch to armor smithing and level metalworking up this way... Or do I metalworking trinket and armor smithing wil then level my metalworking that much higher once I start on armor smithing?

This is all new to me and with limited funds I want to do it all with max profit so to speak when I craft then salvage what I craft to remake stuff to level off of and so on bringing my costs down.

@Frian, are you meaning it's best to craft all of Albs stuff instead of hib/mid? Better outcomes/more or less/ mats?

Thanks again!
eckostate

Postby Frian » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:01 pm

Alb craft Tailloring bonus gain armor scout mid and hib no just cloth/leather !

Craft all base 300/400 pts and up craft 300/400 = 1300 pts all base for 400 golds ! (just for /salvage )
Frian

Return to General DAOC