Who has the best pet?

Dark Age of Camelot in general.

Who has the best pet?

Postby jph » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:28 am

Hello, I have a level 50 Spiritmaster and I was wondering who has the best pet overall? I was looking at Cabalist and they have a pet with lifetap which seems amazing. I just wanted to see what people thought about the different pet classes in PVE of course only.

PS: Necromancer is not part of this conversation lol ... I had a level 50 one and deleted it because I was so tired of my spells missing and my pet could not seem to hit anything if it was above yellow! Maybe just me though? I don't know? (Necromancer was sadly my favorite class btw)
jph

Re: Who has the best pet?

Postby Apath » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:13 pm

cabalists have been hit hard with the nerf bat, and the lifetap pet does not adjust with your level for some reason like an enchanter/sm pet (or at least it didn't when I dusted mine off a few months ago). These days I would say the SM pet is best, it lifetaps and intercepts attacks for the caster. The enchanter healer pet is nice when it decides to heal though.
https://www.facebook.com/zariah.miko

^That's me^ for reals, like totally.
Apath

Postby jph » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:21 pm

I have been gone for a long time and just came back, Umm, I didn't even remember that my SM pet has a lifetap? Also how does it intercept? Is that auto? Maybe I will start playing him again then :D Thanks for the info!
jph

Postby Warriorperson » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:57 pm

In terms of ability to take a beating, Cabalist. In overall utility, enchanter because the healer pet is a lifesaver solo or 2-manning. The SM pet's intercept is really, really overrated because it checks before guard, not after. Most of those intercepts would have gotten eaten by a shield anyways, and if you don't have a shield, a pet that'll actually heal you is more valuable than one that'll block a few attacks (as most will still hit you and it's not healing you while you're getting hit.)
I can be reached via email at blasek0 AT gmail D.OT com
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Postby Apath » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:42 am

jph wrote:I have been gone for a long time and just came back, Umm, I didn't even remember that my SM pet has a lifetap? Also how does it intercept? Is that auto? Maybe I will start playing him again then :D Thanks for the info!

It is an offensive proc the pet has. It doesn't go off that often but enough that it's useful when your are solo. Also for pve most of the mobs you will be fighting (DF, Keeps, etc) these days are weak to spirit above all other types, making the SM pbaoe very useful.

Apath

Postby Apath » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:43 am

Warriorperson wrote:In terms of ability to take a beating, Cabalist. In overall utility, enchanter because the healer pet is a lifesaver solo or 2-manning. The SM pet's intercept is really, really overrated because it checks before guard, not after. Most of those intercepts would have gotten eaten by a shield anyways, and if you don't have a shield, a pet that'll actually heal you is more valuable than one that'll block a few attacks (as most will still hit you and it's not healing you while you're getting hit.)

The cabalist abs proc on the jade golem has been nerfed super hard if you didn't know warrior, in fact you will have so say empower to your pet just about every pull to keep it up and it procs WAY less than in the old days.

Apath

Postby Warriorperson » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:29 am

Apath wrote:The cabalist abs proc on the jade golem has been nerfed super hard if you didn't know warrior, in fact you will have so say empower to your pet just about every pull to keep it up and it procs WAY less than in the old days.

Oh, wasn't aware of that change. In that case, it goes to Enchanter in most cases, unless you're a pet SM who went summoning or darkness for charm/pet buffs.
I can be reached via email at blasek0 AT gmail D.OT com
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Postby crazys » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:51 pm

Just the pet I think Enchanter has the best.
Ally - Heals
Compat - Tanker
??? - Caster
Lowest level - Is actually a dual wielder like a nightshade... If I remember correctly its ML9 dammage is very strong melee.. something to consider *if anyone knows more recent then me*
crazys

Return to General DAOC