How to log into Gaheris

This shouldn't require instructions, but unfortunately it does.

How to log into Gaheris

Postby Rob » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Logging in shouldn't require instructions, but unfortunately it does.

In 2011 Mythic changed the server selection window in a way that makes it hard for people to notice that Gaheris and Mordred exist. Gaheris's population declined noticeably after this change. Until then, Gaheris's population had held pretty steady for about a year or maybe even longer.

This new window was an additional nail in Gaheris's coffin.

The trick is, you need to select "Alternate Rulesets" in the drop-down list at the bottom of the window.

It's not just the location of the drop-down list that makes it hard to notice. It's the geeky in-house name. How many new customers are going to guess what "Alternate Rulesets" means? Sure, Mythic uses that phrase in-house, and seasoned players get used to it, but it's not self-explanatory to new customers.

Why not just include Gaheris and Mordred in the default list of servers? It's only two entries, for goodness sake. Is it really worth adding this much unnecessary complexity and confusion just to avoid two entries in a list? (This rhetorical question is directed to the person who designed this window, not you, on the very unlikely chance that he or she happens to read this.)

You may have known me as Ribble or robbie1687
Rob
Site Admin

Re: How to log into Gaheris

Postby Pentegarn » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 am

I said it before and I will say it again, I wholeheartedly feel they did it to kill 2 servers. They want the game to be Ywain only, it is painfully clear by the fact that they went out of their way to make such a pull down menu. When the option that requires less work isn't done then the option you went with must have been done for a very specific reason The only reason one would code a whole new pull down menu in such a difficult to notice spot is because they do not want new players to even know Gaheris and Mordred exist
Pentegarn

Re: How to log into Gaheris

Postby keltoy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Yep. They're is a warning label somewhere.
Member of Grace as Kel and care taker of Legendary Mercenaries

I suck at talking to people. I suck using words. I honestly mean for the best intentions and positivity.
keltoy

Return to How to log into Gaheris