anyone?

Conversations about the Gaheris server.

anyone?

Postby Sheb » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:11 pm

Im not sure exactly when but im hearing DAoC is going "free" in early 2019. Anyone thinking of coming back to check the game out for at least a bit? i know i probably will. ill obviously jump on gaheris but if anyone else is down to play some ywain for pve/pvp let me know. Ive always enjoyed this game but as we all know its way more fun with friends/people to play with.
Sheb

Re: anyone?

Postby keltoy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:34 pm

I don't pay much attention to the herald anymore. I will look at it every now and then. I found this from before 1.125 launched. The Endless Conquest accounts will have a lot of restrictions though.

Once patch 1.125 has released, we'll be shifting our development resources towards the Endless Conquest update. To recap: Endless Conquest will provide a way to enjoy Dark Age of Camelot without a subscription cost! As mentioned in some previous Grab Bags this option will now be made available to returning and new accounts rather than just newly created ones. This change does increase the scope of the Endless Conquest update considerably but we strongly believe it's the right way forward for Dark Age of Camelot!
Member of Grace as Kel and care taker of Legendary Mercenaries

I suck at talking to people. I suck using words. I honestly mean for the best intentions and positivity.
keltoy

Postby Urenno » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:42 am

Do you think those restrictions on The Endless Conquest accounts will have a negative impact on the game overall?
Urenno

Postby platydoras » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:27 pm

Endless conquest will not allowed people to play on gaheris :(
platydoras

Postby Sheb » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:45 am

I dont think the restrictions will have any impact nor do i think Endless Conquests will have a lasting impact on the game. i think it will also someone like me to pop on from time to time without paying for a subscription. I really dont think it will get people to come back long term at all. They really should have probably made the game free to play and worked on a money market for cosmetics, rp buffs, xp buffs, auto lvl50....things that dont really give anyone an in-game advantage but would be worth buying to most players if they chose. As much as i dont really like games that do that (more so the ones that become pay to win by allowing certian items to only be bought and not achieved by playing the game) they all seem to still be around and be successful. I know they have the mithril thing but they half arsed it and if done correctly i think that would have been the better root to go
Sheb

Return to Gaheris