[Returning players] Duo class for Heretic?

Conversations about the Gaheris server.

[Returning players] Duo class for Heretic?

Postby Chickenwing90000 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi everyone.

Wife and I are returning to the game, she's rolling a Heretic (50 rejuv/enh).

I'm thinking of rolling a warrior, caster thane, necro or reaver to duo. Would one work better than the others? And as more of a bonus rather than a priority, can any of these solo purple mobs without a buff bot?

I played friar/arms/warden from 2002-2006, so I'd like to avoid re-rolling these despite their advantages over the above classes.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Cheers
Chickenwing90000

Re: [Returning players] Duo class for Heretic?

Postby deryk » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Do you want to be her shield blocker and a tank as well? Casters survive much better with a shield tank to guard and protect them when mobs get close. I often bring a blocker bott out with me to help survive longer...or she can spec some in shield and weapon as well to defend herself.
deryk

Postby Chickenwing90000 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:03 pm

deryk wrote:Do you want to be her shield blocker and a tank as well? Casters survive much better with a shield tank to guard and protect them when mobs get close. I often bring a blocker bott out with me to help survive longer...or she can spec some in shield and weapon as well to defend herself.

She'll be going full rejuv/enh, so I'll be her blocker. I'm hoping a Reaver/Thane is sufficient enough? Or is a warrior/arms/hero an absolute must?
Chickenwing90000

Postby deryk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:55 pm

Ok, i cant talk from direct experience, but on the raid on monday someone i was grouped with had a thane as a blocker and they were happy with the blocking.
deryk

Postby Tmaaatoe Ptaetoe » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:06 am

my 2c, mana enchanter
heat debuff, then ranged nuke together, which if the heretic is using the snare, the 2 of you get even more.
if a mob gets close enough,stun and pbae.
With 23+11 shield and 10 or 15% block bonus + 10% moblock is cheap, she can guard the enchanter a little when it becomes appropriate.
It won't be like a lurikeen pierce hero with 420 dex blocking, but you'll get off something
or if you're in the mood to focus pull, the heretic does the healing,
Tmaaatoe Ptaetoe

Postby tegbuk » Fri May 19, 2017 7:12 pm

when I played heavily... I used tic/armsman combo. MoB 5, rr5 and 50 shield, nothing hit my tic.

im going to be running a friar/warden combo in the future.
tegbuk

Return to Gaheris