A couple bugs in the ToA Glass quests...

Report bugs in DAOC.

A couple bugs in the ToA Glass quests...

Postby tkdzzix » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:46 am

Been going through the glass quests for the first time, and I think I have run across a few bugs...

First off, for non-albion characters going through the quest line, when you get to the quest 'To the Delta', you are required to speak to 'Ranger Relion' if you are Hib, 'Hunter Relion' if you are Mid,or 'Ranger Relion' if you are Alb, however the only NPC out of those 3 present in the Stygia haven is 'Scout Relion', which leaves this quest impossible to complete if you are a non-albion character. Scout Relion does, however give 4 quests to kill mobs and get glass, one of which does not seem to be repeatable, so in the end we do get the appropriate amount of glass, still this is annoying that the quest cannot be completed appropriately.

Second, when finishing up in Stygia, you get a quest 'Out of the Desert', which states you need to talk to 2 NPC's in the Aerus haven (Algmar and Sudari), when these 2 NPC's are actually just inside Typhon's reach, along the edge of the dead forest between the SoM encounter and the entrance. Again, not terrible, as I recognized the names of the NPC's from earlier exploration of Typhon's, but still annoying in that I spent 20 minutes running around the Aerus haven scratching my head before I recognized the names from earlier.
tkdzzix

Re: A couple bugs in the ToA Glass quests...

Postby Vasi » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:27 pm

Thanks for sharing!

Seems like they don't bother to test anymore :(
Vasi

Postby Electro » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Thanks for sharing, I'll pass it along. Are there any other annoying or buggy parts about the quest that you encountered?
The name's Ian, aka Electro/Butchered/Saxona
http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s/Saxona
Electro
Sage
Sage

Postby Electro » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:40 pm

Electro wrote:Thanks for sharing, I'll pass it along. Are there any other annoying or buggy parts about the quest that you encountered?

I'll extend this question to anyone reading. :)
The name's Ian, aka Electro/Butchered/Saxona
http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s/Saxona
Electro
Sage
Sage

Postby tkdzzix » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Electro wrote:Thanks for sharing, I'll pass it along. Are there any other annoying or buggy parts about the quest that you encountered?

No other problems encountered, the rest of the quest chain went fine.
tkdzzix

Postby doctorwhat » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:17 pm

tkdzzix wrote: ...for non-albion characters going through the quest line, when you get to the quest 'To the Delta', you are required to speak to 'Ranger Relion' if you are Hib, 'Hunter Relion' if you are Mid,or 'Ranger Relion' if you are Alb, however the only NPC out of those 3 present in the Stygia haven is 'Scout Relion', which leaves this quest impossible to complete if you are a non-albion character. Scout Relion does, however give 4 quests to kill mobs and get glass, one of which does not seem to be repeatable, so in the end we do get the appropriate amount of glass, still this is annoying that the quest cannot be completed appropriately...

Updating this for any other returning players to see. (As I tried to turn it in and search for the right Relion for a good 15min before I searched online and saw this... and on that note, a year late but, thanks OP for letting me know it is the game and not me.)

Wanted to confirm this bug still exists. I bug reported it today however, given it's been known for over a year and not corrected already, I'm guessing fixing a Gaheris only bug that's a hiccup in the larger game isn't going to warrant priority anytime soon. Ah well.
doctorwhat

Postby Tiimm » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:57 am

I'm currently trying to write an updated guide for these glass quests, I'm going to make sure I include these Gaheris nuances (or should that be nuisances? ;))
Member of Survivors - Reformed / Kirkah / Kirkadoo / Dirtywork
Tiimm

Return to Bugs