The Book of Grudges

Moderator: Gostond

The Book of Grudges

Postby Gostond » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:41 pm

This is a thread I pulled off our old guild boards. It lists mobs that have given us troubles over the years. Most of them were before I came to the game but I found them to be very funny and thought I would share them.

Please list in this Topic, the names and locations of entities in the DAoC world who have earned the enmity of Grottekvarnen.

Any guild member who sees those so named, should do their best to erase the grudge by destroying the entity, and announcing it here as achieved.
Gostond

Re: The Book of Grudges

Postby Gostond » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Dwargon

The Mistress of Runes - Doden's Gruva

This unholy wench has had the audacity to wipe out peaceful members of Grottekvarnen who were exploring her domain.

Twice.

And screaming some slanders about how we killed her gaurds (not like they wore uniforms... ok... maybe uniforms, but none of them mentioned her when we ... er... talked to them).

I hereby add this name to the Grottekvarnen Book of Grudges, and charge all members to seek her destruction.

Edit: This fiendish woman has fled our world before ever we had a chance to settle this grudge.
Gostond

Postby Gostond » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Kevinyon

I'd like to add that roving band of punks that hang out by the wood elves near the iarn dwarf encampment. Breaking windows, smoking the wacky-tabacky, and generally making themselves a nuisance.
They need to be put in their place and that place is a nice hole in the ground.
Gostond

Postby Gostond » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:48 pm

Thanoslug

The giant undead lizard in the Iarnwood. There we were, minding our own business, and BAM he was on us. Let's not get caught up in debates over who nuked who first - the point is he attacked and killed us. Didnt even have the decency to let folks get away when they tried to run - I've never seen anything move that fast.

Update: We tracked this unnatural beast down again last night armed with our guild's newest weapon - Wutan's big freaking ML9 pet. Seemed a fitting confrontation - ghost dinosaur vs magically animated and boosted Roman Centurion. Our undead champion, along with help from Angernard, Heirrin, and Defreyja was more than a match for the undead dinosaur. This grudge has been settled.
Gostond

Postby Gostond » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:50 pm

kevinyon

That damn rotten elephant on modern. It has to go.

(Added by Dwargon)
As of 9/18/06 -- It went.
Gostond

Postby Gostond » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Dwargon

High Lord Athulf - Varulvhamn

Wiped out the many of our low level people when we asked him for a cup of tea.

Must perform attitude adjustment.

UPDATE: High Lord Athulf has been slain solo by many Grotte over the years. Truly this grudge is settled.
Gostond

Postby Gostond » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:53 pm

Taliaferro Erucolindo

King Hresvelgr - Varulvhamn

Talk about a SORE LOSER...

Here we are, in the King's chambers, and I'm having a friendly little competition with a fellow Troll......you know.....just some friendly sparring.......and when he loses (granted, I had an elite group of Grottekvarnen with me, but hey, he's Mr. "I'm the King" and all, so it seemed only fair) the bastard goes and changes into a giant freakin' WEREWOLF on us, and starts beating us down with freakin' werewolf powers I've never seen before.

Totally uncalled for, imho, and he needs to be taught a lesson in manners.

UPDATE: Vengeance was served against the King of the Werewolves, by a team of Grottekvarnen members, some weeks past. With newfound abilities and gear, we had little trouble putting down this once-troublesome miscreant.
Gostond

Postby Gostond » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Taliaferro Erucolindo

Once again, members of Grottekvarnen were brutally and unfairly assaulted.

Golias, Heirrin and I were on a scenic exploration of the beautiful caves of Iarnvidiur. You see, I had never witnessed the awe-inspiring beauty of the underground waterfall there. Indeed, it was quite gorgeous. We did some fishing (though the mosquitos were quite pesky) and were about to call it a night when we decided that some mushrooms would quite hit the spot. We picked a few, making our way deeper into the caverns, and found that some of them were quite stubborn about this. However, between the magic of Golias and Heirrin, and our combined weaponry skills, the less compliant mushrooms were brought in line.

That's when it happened. We were beset upon by a very large, very rude, very purple mushroom who called himself Droom. Droom hit like a Troll, and had poison that was devastating. Without any due reason, this evil mushroom violated us in ways I care not to extrapolate upon.

This cannot stand. This foul fungus must be taught a lesson in manners.

Droom the Mushroom must be sautee'd and served up to the millstone!

UPDATE: The Mushroom was delicious, as he was sliced, diced, par broiled, and in many other ways brought to his timely demise. The force that we hit the dungeon with was far superior to the one he had once terrorized. Many powerful creatures were brought low on our way to avenging ourselves against this foul fungus. Tinc, Golias, Heirrin, Naprot, Def, Ein, and myself ground the fungus under the millstone, on this glorious night.
Gostond

Postby Gostond » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Zosmann

OK, so there we were, clearing the forest of those Siam-He thingies in Typhoon somewhere or other. They were after all defoliating a great national treasure. Unna, was chasing after one of the tree haters, when suddenly a large, purplish lizard called Anathma I think, decided we were a rather tasty treat put there for his sampling. After sampling, poor Unna, Kald, and myself, he chased merrily after ole Tinc. Tinc however proved to be a tad smarter than the beastie and was able to elude him.
Gostond

Postby Gostond » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:01 pm

Taliaferro Erucolindo

There we were, exploring the Necropolis. Necropolis....what a pleasant name.....I wonder what it means? Ah well.

So, we see this BIG kitty cat looking thing, named Echo of Imsety. He looked so cuddly. We wanted to give him a big hug. And LOOK! He has friends. Lots of friends. A whole frelling herd of 'em! They just keep coming. The wanted to play with us. They sure played rough though. Rough enough to send us all on a one way trip back to our bindpoints. Twice.

Kitty needs a lesson in manners. Badly.

UPDATE: This lesson was taught some nights back, however, I forgot to update the book of grudges. The kitty is much more managable now, and on that night was surprisingly well-behaved. May his example serve well to others who do not have the proper respect for the millstone.
Gostond

Postby Gostond » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanoslug

So there we were, once again plumbing the depths of Iarnvidur's Lair on a quest to settle some grudges that apparently either predate the great book or were simply never entered. We had settled several grudges and decided to see if we could find Iarnvidur him/her/itself and say how much we enjoyed his pad. On our way there we were violently accosted by an Animus giant whose name escapes me. Well, being the peace loving folks we are, we reluctantly engaged in combat and were not doing too badly until he called for help and a whole host of giants descended upon us, killing us, and denying us the opportunity to share a nice cup of tea with Iarnvidur. For this transgression, he must die.

Update: We were once again exploring the caverns of Iarnvidiur's Lair and decided to pay another visit on our old friend Delegalt. Many of his fellow Animus giants tried to keep us from saying hello to this old comrade in arms but we persevered and made it to his chamber. A vigorous debate on combat techniques ensued which we won. This grudge is settled.
Gostond

Postby Gostond » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:06 pm

Thanoslug

We were taking a liesurely stroll through the halls of Trollheim, letting Kaldsteinn and Golias soak up the ambience of their ancient home when we came upon a morvalt standing at some sort of altar deep inside the city. Well, being the neighborly people we are, we decided to go ask him what he was doing and if we could help in any way. However, as soon as we got his attention, a magical rift was torn open in the very fabric of space behind him and creatures began to pour forth from it. We were all slain multiple times before finally fleeing from the room.

We must have vengeance.
Gostond

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:14 pm

There's some very funny stuff here.

My most begrudged mob for years was Joseph Domr in Myrkwood. (Joseph Dahmer, get it, yuk yuk.) Mythic cleverly put him into a place where it was easy to stumble into him accidentally, when you didn't expect it, and die. He killed noobs by the hundreds. The original game had a lot of witty things and I think that might have been the wittiest. I was most unhappy when Mythic removed him from the game.
You may have known me as Ribble or robbie1687
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Fang » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:13 pm

Love it. My grudge has always been against those damn Amadan Lost. Many times while hunting just outside the beginner's dungeon in Hibland, killing wind ghouls, night would fall, we would light our campfires to rest and while away our time until the next day, when out of nowhere, would come shambling this amadan lost. He was obviously lost.

However, as I matured, I slew thousands of these amadans with my ranger on the quest to lvl 50.
Fang

Postby Warriorperson » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:24 pm

Yeah, that one irritating Lost that wandered around by the wind ghoul graveyard. My other dislike are the patrolling Unicorns and Cronicorns in Cusred Forest, that swim up and down the river. Every dang time my druid tried to swim across, one of them would run past and kill him.
I can be reached via email at blasek0 AT gmail D.OT com
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Postby Sheb » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:31 pm

my grudges would def be the mobs of cursed forest when it was first added. When lvlin my first char (a druid on lance) i would be running out to fins group (which used to consist of 3 tanks, ward, druid, bard, 2 casters) and die to some high lvl named.
Sheb

Postby Gostond » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:04 am

My new Grudge was with High Astralist Ehrmynoch. Though I have slain him multiple times, some solo, he still scoffs at me and until yesterday did not give up the Astralist Ring of Circumvention. I lost count of the times I tried the encounter for that silly ring. Grudge settled I got the ring :)
Gostond

Postby Warriorperson » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:08 am

Gostond wrote:My new Grudge was with High Astralist Ehrmynoch. Though I have slain him multiple times, some solo, he still scoffs at me and until yesterday did not give up the Astralist Ring of Circumvention. I lost count of the times I tried the encounter for that silly ring. Grudge settled I got the ring :)

This is why you buy it off someone else! :D
I can be reached via email at blasek0 AT gmail D.OT com
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Postby Gostond » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:58 pm

Fendald The Warrior Puts Vanjorndor in the Book of Grudges

I packed a picnic lunch and headed down to Nyttheim with my Shaman bot Eowyri to see a mob about a shield. Found a very Rude and mean Mob named Vanjorndor. Asked him for the shield and he sent his little body guards for me to play with. I used repeated shield swipes to his minions and a few Blows to Vanjondor's head with my trusty axe and asked him again politely for the shield. He would not give it up, even on his death. I place this Mob in the Book of Grudges until he releases the shield onto me. Twice I have Slain him now. Eowyri and I have taken up camping on his lawn and littering the place with empty beer cans in an attempt to anger him to release ownership of the Sentient Tower Shield.
Gostond

Postby Gostond » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:54 am

Fendald adds Adem to the Great Book.

On my last Attempt to Take The Shield From Vanjorndor I forgot to put guard on my bot and lost poor little Eow in the fight. I finished off Vanjorndor and crew with no buffs and still no shield. I had to release Eow so we regrouped at the guild house. After Eow talked to the healer, we prepared to head back down to Nyttheim and resume our usual unruly behavior. Bringing more cases of beer and chips and dip.

We got side tracked and decided to Head out to the Coruscating Mine and Check in on Adem and see if he had a bracer we could borrow. Adem is not that hard of a fight but he likes to run away and forcing you to chase him and pick up more aggro. We chased him through the whole dungeon and wacked his little friends as we went and finally dispatched Adem. Only to receive nada for our troubles. I am Placing the Name of Adem in the great book until he becomes more cooperative and gives me Adem's Antiquated Bracer.

Update
Sunday April 10th 2011
With help from Muahaha we managed to drop Adem and separate him from his bracer. Grats to Ribble on the Bracer....Grudge settled.
Gostond

Return to Grottekvarnen