Introduction

Moderator: Gostond

Introduction

Postby Gostond » Fri May 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Rob suggested I introduce myself on here. So I am just following up on that.

I have been playing DAOC for about 4 and a half years. Our guild started on Mid Bedevere. I was a late comer and by the time I joined the guild some had already left. I liked the game so much but was more into the PVE side of things. This is not to say I didn't like RvR. A couple years ago I made my first toon on Gaheris and found my niche in DAOC. I played Solo for a while but then began to beg my guildees on bedevere to Roll on Gaheris so we can have a presence on this server. Grottekvarnen Gaheris was born.

Around the release of warhammer our numbers Dwindled and even I quit playing for a while. I came back and just started to do things myself. Through the use of bots and the consignment merchants I was able to obtain what I needed. I ran with a few other guilds but always found myself back in Grotte. Now there are just two live players in the guild. We don't usually recruit but I don't think I have ever turned anyone away. I usually state that we are small and have no alliances and that does the trick for people wanting to join.

I usually play mid characters but do have a few from the other realms. I do not mind helping out other players when they need it, just send me a /send to anyone in Grottekvarnen and the chances are it will be me. I play in the evenings. I am semi retired and stay at home dad with a 14 year old boy who sometimes plays too, but not much since he got an xbox for Christmas, lol.(he doesn't count as the other live player in the guild, he uses my bot account) If there is anything I can do to help anyone on the server don't hesitate to ask. I have all crafting leveled up except siege and fletching but am working on those two. My main toon is a hunter named Gostond, and I have many alts.

I also want to thank Rob for setting Gaheris.net up. If there is anything you want me to contribute just ask. I am not much of a writer but I can at least say how I got things done with limited group members and bots. (Try and die till you find the solution)
Gostond

Re: Introduction

Postby Warriorperson » Mon May 24, 2010 10:22 am

It's nice to see that other people are willing to try to do encounters with limited numbers. Running a huge zerg has always irritated me (and gets me less loot to boot :( ). The preference for mid chars is just plain awful though! Everyone knows hibs rule! :D
I can be reached via email at blasek0 AT gmail D.OT com
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Postby Gostond » Mon May 24, 2010 12:32 pm

this is for Warriorperson :D

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/70042

Greetings from The Florida Panhandle. I noticed you are in Huntsville
Gostond

Postby Warriorperson » Mon May 24, 2010 12:39 pm

Heh, that is amusing. I have no real issue with mids, I just don't like the ability distributions that they get as much as I do Hib/Alb classes. Savage and Shadowblade are the only mid classes I'm really a fan of, everything else I believe the other realms' versions are better for various reasons.

The panhandle, eh? You do realize you really live in Alabama, right?
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Postby Gostond » Mon May 24, 2010 12:44 pm

So I am told this is lower Alabama by the natives. I am an airforce brat who's dad retired here and I sure didn't want to move again so i settled in. People still call me Yankee after I have lived here 30 years. Lol
Gostond

Postby Warriorperson » Mon May 24, 2010 12:59 pm

Everybody thinks Lynard Skynyrd is from Alabama, because of Sweet Home Alabama, but very few people know they're actually from the panhandle. I've been to Elgin AFB once, but most of my trips to the panhandle are going to Navarre.
Warriorperson
Sage
Sage

Return to Grottekvarnen