|How to skip the patcher
The easy way is with Mojo. It not only skips the patcher, but also logs in automatically.
Here's the hard way:
1. Create a file with Notepad that contains the following line:
2. Save the file as a TXT file.
3. Rename the file to StartDAOC.bat.
4. Put the file in your DAOC folder.
5. To start DAOC, run StartDAOC.bat.
6. For added convenience, you can make a shortcut that runs StartDAOC.bat.
7. To keep DAOC updated, start it normally after Mythic makes a change that requires your computer to download files. You'll know this happened if you start DAOC without the patcher and it stalls on the loading screen.